Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day Sunday

I must start off by apologizing for this post coming up so late but I’ve been fairly busy this week. And it’s also a welcome back after almost a month off from blogging our church services! Welcome back if you have been reading each week and welcome to all those new people reading our Palmwoods Baptist Church blog. I’d like to take the opportunity now to invite you along to our church service every Sunday morning 10am at Palmwoods Girl Guides Hut. www.palmwoodsbaptistchurch.com.au for more details and our address!


Sunday was Mother’s Day (Happy Mother’s Day to all those Mum’s out there and hope you have a wonderful day) and it was also John Gadenne’s turn to preach whilst our Pastor, Simon and his wife Jan are away in PNG.

John’s message was titled ‘Learn of Me’ and focused on how God can and will teach us if we allow Him into our lives daily. He told the stories of Moses, Elijiah, David and Saul who became Paul. It was great and very refreshing to hear more about these faithful men in our bibles! John showed us how God taught all of those men about Himself through different circumstances in their lives.

He especially focused on the verses in Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Lets try to remember as we go about our everyday lives that God can and will teach us if we let Him and don’t forget to turn to Him and your bible in times of need, not other worldly books. They might help but God can help more!

No comments:

Post a Comment